The Secret of Success
Submit the following – points are allotted based on the availability, thoroughness of the information, and individual achievements.
- Must be a High School Senior in Army Jr ROTC planning to attend college next year or a College Freshmen in Army ROTC. The award will be sent to the planned/attending college/university in the student’s name.
- For Washington DC Chapter ROCKS members seeking a scholarship for their dependent or relative, membership status must be current with the Chapter and National.
- A description of the Student’s Background (Hometown; High School attending and the College/University they are planning to participate in the Fall; if the student are College/University Freshmen, provide the name of the school attending)
- Provide a picture (head to waist) of the student in ROTC uniform, if applicable – send this picture electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Listing of Scholastic/Athletic/Personal Achievements; Awards; School Activities; and all Community Involvement efforts. This information adds to your selection points.
- Proof of a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 point system
- Written 500-word essay on “Why should young American men and women join the U.S. Army today?”
- Two written endorsements from the School Jr ROTC Military Advisor and a Representative from the School (Principal, Teacher, Guidance Counselor)
- For Washington DC Chapter member nominations: the packet must include the name of the Chapter member, relationship to the nominee, and their Chapter member number. Include this information in your student endorsement letter.
- Awardees’ attendance is required at the ROCKS Spring Gala.